There are 400 million reasons why!
If you’re an e-learning specialist, you’re probably aware that online learning breaks the barriers of time and space: you can learn from anywhere at any time. Nevertheless, there is a third barrier – language. Just picture the following scenario: you’ve got an amazing course which you’ve put a lot of effort into, and you’re wondering if there’s another way you could maximize it’s potential. But…what would that way be? Well, choosing to translate your online course to Spanish is a great option!
Currently there are around 400 million native Spanish speakers, making it the second most spoken language in the world. This would represent a significant increase in your potential clients, and it could even be an opportunity to innovate in the Hispanic market.
Now, before you jump into this great opportunity, you’d probably start building a plan and ask yourself the following questions:
- Is using Google Translate to change my online course to Spanish reliable?
- Will my software produce the translation results I expect?
- Will it sound natural?
- Will translators be able to put content into my software?
- Will I have to spend my time teaching them?
- Would they even be willing to learn to do it?
- How much will they charge me?
- It would be so much easier if I could do it, but how could I if I don’t even understand the language?
These were some of the questions our client David was asking himself before he came to us for help. He had an excellent online course on the safe operation of forklifts that he wanted to translate from English to Spanish. It was a course with five separate modules that had been created with Articulate Storyline. He was looking for someone that would be able to:
- Translate the content from English to standard Spanish
- Narrate the content with a male voice
- Integrate the translation into Articulate Storyline
He looked in the market for a reliable provider, but he found that most companies that offered these services specialized in translation, but not e-learning. Also, the prices were extremely high, because they needed to hire external personnel to complete the project.
We have the ideal team to deliver this type of outcome as we translate your online course to Spanish. So it was a real pleasure for us to help David on his project. Some of our accomplishments were:
- Translation and localization of the content from English to standard Spanish, keeping a conversational and friendly tone with the student
- Comprehensive research on the correct name for the equipment, fuels, accessories and all terms relating to forklifts
- Changing all tags, buttons and slide names from English to Spanish
- Narration of all the content in Spanish
- Integration of voice-over into the Storyline file
- Synchronization of voice-over, animations and text
If you would like to take advantage of a great opportunity to increase your impact on the market, just like David did, it will be a pleasure for us to assist you.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org